Tuesday, June 24, 2014

More Germany

It's hard to keep all the little villages winding along the river apart, since they all look alike. Here is a view from an old castle ruin. there was 4 other castles within 10 minutes from here. 
Here is a village called Diez, off the autobahn, you can hear the bells ringing, it's just like out of a fairytale. 
I had my first german beer, or bier, and it was fab. Bier is cheaper than water, the way it should be ;)
All of the castles and churches are located on the tops of hills, so there are lots of steps and trails. The flowers are simply to die for, so pretty and colorful. 
it is 7 am right now, and the church bells are ringing in the distance. I was up at 5 to do some homework and then go for a run, my trail was along the Rhien River, I took a pano shot of my view. I have LOTS of pano shots so far. Thanks iphone! 
After castle searching monday, we took a detour to Worms, Germany, because the fab, world famous Fentons are from Mobile, Alabama and Worms is their sister city. We searched and searched for the signs and finally found them. One of the signs was located at a church, but it was blocked off for construction, but the sweet southerners sweet talked the security guards into letting chelsea into taking a photo with the sister city sign. Afterwards we got ice cream, this is diotto (I think) I asked the lady working there for her favorite, she looked at me, smiled and said "I know" and gave me this thing of beauty, best ice cream ever, and I don't know the flavor, I think it is a german candy. Yum! 


More exploring today, everyday is an adventure! 


No comments:

Post a Comment